Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Best of Sweden:: röd

This week, without intention, I noticed my camera filling up with pictures that contained a common theme: the color red. This color is very swedish to me. Many barns and houses are painted a certain color which is an all-natural paint extracted from copper mines in Sweden. When mom came to visit last spring her mission was to buy this paint color. Unfortunatly the locals didn't recommend it for painting her dining room walls....it's a powder and would likely rub a coppery-color onto Sunday guests' clothes.



Sometimes you just need to bake a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for no special reason. And these coffee cups are red. That's how they got into the blog. I love them and they make every fika experience more satisfying.




Some of these pictures were taken at the bus stop. When I had 5 minutes to wait. And I hate wasting time, so I tromped off into the snow, got too excited, took too many pictures and missed the bus. Dang and blast, I was really mad. But now I have these nice pictures and memories. It was worth it looking back.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I like your mom!
It is indeed a magical colour red.
Janke.

Rebecca S. said...

love this post! especially accidentally missing the bus to not waste time just waiting around! worthy bus-missing, in my opinion. what about yellow in sweden?