Tuesday, February 24, 2009

my thoughts have been of spring

These are my front porch steps right now. I'm a terribly lazy snow shoveler. I just push the snow back with the door until it gets too high. Perhaps my lazniess is really just an inner hope that a warmish day (above freezing maybe?) will surely come soon and melt it all away.

I'll confess. I am really dying for spring. Thank goodness I love all-things-wool-and-knitted or else i may never make it through winter. But I find myself longing for linen and thin cotton and summer dresses like these gorgeous outfits....But it goes beyond wishes for fancy summer clothes. No, my main desire is for the garden. I loooong for those dirty knees, those sun-kissed cheeks, and those laughing fits that occur when one is weeding parallel rows with a fellow farmer. This summer I'll be joining my dearest sister and friend Rebecca and her fantasic husband Joe on their farm in Minnesota. As I write I'm listening to an interview that the 2 of them participated in recently at the annual L'abri conference held in Minnesota. What a couple. They love each other, love what they do, and their life is a real display of the truth that
"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate--bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart." Psalm 104:14,15

2 comments:

ashleigh said...

Spring is coming! Have hope!

Anonymous said...

the fans of livsgladje appreciate your every blog post!