Thursday, April 16, 2009

saying goodbye


Tomorrow at 1 pm I leave Sweden. It's been almost 2 years of adventures in Uppsala. Of getting to know a culture and language and people. Of experiencing 4 seasons of stark contrast....those long, light summer nights, a winter spent in darkness, and a spring where each blooming flower is a miracle. Of cross-country skiing, ice-skating on the lake, and walks in the snow. Of meeting people who I will never forget...including this special 4 year old who I will sorely miss. Home awaits. 5 siblings await plus 2 wonderful parents and many dear friends. Music will be played, dances will be danced, conversations will be shared, gardens will be planted.
Goodbye to everyone who has meant so much to me in Sweden, and to those in America who count me as a friend, I look forward to being with you soon!

1 comment:

ashleigh said...

Praying for good goodbyes and a safe flight back! Looking forward to seeing you and catching up! :)