Saturday, April 18, 2009

spring forward



I woke up at 5:30 am. My body is 6 hours ahead and it thought it was lunch time so i woke up with a growling tummy. It was dark. Much darker than Sweden is this time of year. After tiptoeing around the house like a mouse for awhile, the sun started to rise. I went outside right away, eager to notice the springtime which i was unable to see at 9 pm last night when i arrived home. I was overwhelmed and struck with awe at the bright, new green everywhere. And mom's herb garden...chives, chamomile, oregano, thyme, fennel, dill, lavender, sage, cilantro, lemon balm, scallions, and lettuce. SO BIG ALREADY. 2 days ago I was in the land of no leaves. Today I was in 75 degrees (that's 24 for my celsius readers), SC in April heaven.

4 comments:

ashleigh said...

Welcome home, Hannah!!!

Harma said...

hallo hannah,So nice that you continue your blog.so you arrived safely home that is great.
like you iam surprised that everything is growing now so fast.i startd a smaall vegatable garden beside our house and the peas and tomatoes do the best they can.Nick will start with his gherkins/pickels in may....I will support him....because with your recipe they will be a succes later this year.janke will come to holland the 22th of may...it is sonice that she has the possibility to come over a bit more often than she use to do.All the best and lots of love Harma

Unknown said...

Welcome back home! It looks like we've had some amazing adventures. <3 I hope you'll continue your blog seeing as I've stumbled across it quite recently and by the looks of it I've been missing out!

Anonymous said...

hallo hannah, I´m still waiting for my herb garden to look like your mother´s, but there are still a couple of weeks before that. I´m so pleased to be able to follow you. But tomorrow it will be wednesday and no class and I´ll miss it!
Christina the hat maker