Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BIG steps

Big steps were taken today. I mean, giant steps. Steps towards spring, towards warmth, towards light, and towards newness. I ate lunch and read a book on my front porch steps, without shoes, and only 2 sweaters on, no jacket. I took a long walk, across the snow, but without a jacket, hat, or mittens. I met a friend downtown to fika, and since we strategically chose the cafe with the best afternoon sun, we drank our cappcuccinos OUTSIDE! Incredible. Intoxicating. Life-giving.

1 comment:

Rebecca S. said...

i completely understand! we have had our first warm days here and it makes an amazing difference - i believe it even changes a person's posture, as you lift your face to the sun and warm air instead of hunching agains the wind. the name of the day here is MUD. and stinky barnyard. i am just about ready to start eating breakfast outside...but it might be a bit chilly yet for that. :)